Thursday, December 4, 2008

ok...here i go...again...

ok, so i've tried the blog thing before a couple of times now, and i think that my whole problem is that i hate doing anything that i feel like i have to do. so this time i'm going to fail-proof this blog by telling myself this is something that no one is making me do and it is perfectly acceptable for me to go a year or two between posts, which (let's be real here) will probably happen.  

so i know that most people regularly visit different blogs for different reasons. my mom says that i should write about my life here on saipan, and i think "nah...i like these people way too much" and then i really think about it and go "well, what else do i really have to write about? and by the way, since when did i start liking people?" and so you get yet another boring narrative about the ins and outs of a nobody's life by somebody who thinks that the ins and outs of her life are worth narrating. 

so here's the saipan paradox of the day: 
  why is it impossible to get all of your basic grocery needs all in one supermarket 
  yet extremely common to be able to get your hair cut where you can also get your watch fixed,
  or buy hand knitted baby clothes the same time as you rent a movie,
  or (certainly my favorite) order piping supplies through the same company as you order your   pizza?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, ya know, I don't think I've heard of that pizza company, but I'll make sure I don't hit them up any time soon.

I'm glad you're blogging again. I'll add you to my little sidebar, but fully expect you to be on the bottom (where all the oldest posts are) for long periods of time, but be moderately happy when you pop up to the top with a new post. (Strictly moderately because, of course, any more than that my cause you to feel like you have expectations to fulfill, but you don't. Just remember that. No expectations here. And I mean that in the kindest of ways.)

ML said...

I love it when you're "real"--it's the most entertaining part!